If you are into developing web applications using PHP and you want to do this according to the best software engineering standards this is the book I highly recommend to read.
This book was released in 2010. Dirk Merkel, the author of this book, covers everything what you would need to know to start developing PHP apps following to commonly accepted standards.
What you can read on over 400 pages is:
- advantages and reasons for using coding standards,
- why would you develop documentation for your application,
- what is debugging and how it can help you,
- what framework is, reasons for using it, what to look to choose the most suitable one,
- why you should test application
I enjoyed reading this book. It helped me to organised my knowledge and review my work flow process of developing PHP application.